This page contains links to the library’s collection of online database subscriptions, organized alphabetically. While all of these resources are available to use at both branches of the library, use the following key to see if the database has any licensing restrictions to access it:
|Available only within the library|
|Available anywhere by entering your JTPL library card number!|
|Available to Indiana residents through INSPIRE. See the INSPIRE FAQ for more information.|
- The award-winning ABCmouse curriculum is designed to help young children (ages 2-7+) build a strong foundation for future academic success. ABCmouse is 100% educational, with 5,000+ learning activities (books, puzzles, educational games, art activities, songs, etc.) across all major subject areas—reading, math, science, social studies, art, and music. Best of all, kids love it! (From Age of Learning, Inc.)
- Ancestry Library Edition
- This resource provides indexed and digitized family history and genealogical reference material from around the world. Information includes: vital records, Census records, immigration records, military records, and state, county and town information, and much more.
- Biography in Context
- Biography in Context offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images. Covering a vast array of people from historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers, it’s continuously updated to ensure access to the very latest biographical information.
- Contemporary Authors
- A database containing biographical information on more than 149,000 modern novelists, poets, playwrights, nonfiction writers, journalists and scriptwriters. This includes personal information, contact information, career history, writings, biographical and critical sources, authors’ comments, and informative essays about their lives and work.
- This service is designed to help you prepare for your Indiana BMV driving test by offering online practice tests for car, motorcycles, and commercial license exams. It also includes handbooks for all three different exams as well as answers to frequently asked questions such as how to renew your license or what to do if you fail the test.
- Explora for Public Libraries
- An interface designed for public and school libraries with a focus on the Arts, Literature, Biography, Business and Careers, Current Events, Geography and Culture, Health, History, Math, Science and more.
- Flipster is a next-generation digital magazine solution that makes it easy for you to read your favorite magazines on your computer or mobile device. Check out their Getting Started Guide and FAQs for more information.
- Freegal is a downloadable and streaming music service available to those with a library card. Freegal provides access to a catalog of over 9 million of Sony Music’s song catalog. Mobile apps are available for iPad and iPhone and Android phones and tablets by searching for “Freegal Music” in their respective app stores. Check out their FAQs for more information.
- Fuente Académica Premier
- Spanish language scholarly journal. A source for academic research, providing key coverage of major subject areas. Fuente Académica provides researchers with a collection of scholarly journals from Latin America, Portugal and Spain, designed to make academic research readily available in PDF format.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- This resource offers the principal reference books and materials that are searchable and viewable online.
- Health Reference Center (Academic)
- This site, designed for nurses and allied health students, provides access to medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
- Health & Wellness Resource Center
- This resource delivers up-to-date reference material as well as full-text magazines, journals, and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources. It is considered to be a comprehensive resource for libraries, schools, and hospitals that provides integrated access to medical, statistical, health, and related information.
- HeritageQuest Online
- HeritageQuest Online contains six major genealogy research collections: U.S. Federal Census records; digitized family and local history books, including city directories; Revolutionary War select and non-select pension records; Freedman’s Bank records; the PERiodical Source Index (PERSI) archive up to 2009; and the U.S. Serial Set.
- Historical Newspapers
- This database provides access to 5 fully digitized and keyword searchable historical newspapers for free anywhere, just log in with your library card! You can search all 5 newspapers at once, or use the following links to search a newspaper individually:
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
- Comprehensive full-text content for many of the most popular hobbies, crafts and recreation activities today. This database offers detailed “how-to” instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines, including Bead & Button, Creative Knitting, FineScale Modeler, Quilter’s World, and many more.
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- Resource providing home improvement assistance. Through a collection of comprehensive full-text content, provides users with detailed, user-friendly “how-to” information covering all manner of home improvement/repair projects. Content is organized in easy-to-use manner so that users can quickly gain the information they need.
- hoopla is a digital content platform that allows our patrons to check out up to 5 items per month! Choose from over 600,000 eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, movies, TV episodes, and full-length music albums! You can stream content from their website at hoopladigital.com or download the app to your iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire device. Check out their FAQs for more information.
- Informe Académico
- Una colección de revistas hispánicas con textos completos. Abarca negocios, salud, tecnología, cultura, temas de actualidad y otras materias. This Spanish language database includes full text articles from nearly 700 publications, most of which include full-text articles. Also includes Portuguese and English language materials. Covers 1980 through the present.
- INSPIRE is Indiana’s Virtual Online Library. INSPIRE is a collection of online academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents only.
- This is an online resource that allows people to search for works of poetry, short fiction, essays, drama and speeches from throughout time and all over the globe.
- Mango Languages
- An online tool for learning languages, Mango Languages provides audio tutorials to practice reading, listening, and speaking. Easy to use audio clips and written text combine to take you through each course. Practice in the Library or from home or work with self-paced, instruction.
- Morningstar || Morningstar
- Morningstar Investment Research Center provides comprehensive financial information on stocks (such as the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ); mutual funds; exchange-traded funds (ETFs); and return information on various investment indexes, types, sectors, and styles. There are also tools such as retirement cost calculators and portfolio “x-rays” to help you make the most of your investments.
- Newspaper Archive || Newspaper Archive
- Access digitized and fully searchable Indiana newspapers covering 1800 – 2016, including Jeffersonville papers like the Evening News from 1872 – 1977! Use the first link if you’re inside the library, or the second link to access from anywhere else using your JTPL library card.
- NoveList Plus
- NoveList Plus is a Reader’s Advisory database searchable by genre, appeal, etc., aiming to inspire library patrons to find their next great book. Use it to find readalikes for your favorite books or authors!
- NoveList K–8 Plus
- This resource is a similar Reader’s Advisory database to NoveList Plus, however, is aimed at those under eighteen. With groups divided by both age and grade level, all youth will have the option to find a book they love.
- Nursing & Allied Health Connection
- This resource provides access to academic journals and other reference content covering all aspects of the nursing profession, from direct patient care to health care administration.
- Nursing Resource Center
- This resource provides a wide array of content needed for research papers and basic nursing theory overviews, including access to sample care plans, multimedia content, full-text reference books, citations to journals in the field and more.
- OverDrive is a multimedia platform where library members can download eBooks and eAudiobooks with a library card. Be sure to check out their help videos. Desktop apps are available for Mac and Windows, and mobile apps are available for: iPad and iPhone; Android phones and tablets; Kindle; Windows phones and tablets; and Barnes and Noble Nook.
- RBdigital Magazines
- RBdigital Magazines is a multi-platform distribution service for digital magazines, with more than 5,500 magazines from a wide range of publishers. Mobile apps are available for: iPad and iPhone; Android; and Kindle HD/HDX. Check out their FAQs for more help.
- This database contains detailed information on more than 13 million U.S. and Canadian businesses, and 113 million U.S. and Canadian residents.
- Referencia Latina
- This comprehensive database offers content from a variety of sources, including an inclusive collection of images, health reports, and full text for reference books and general interest magazines in a broad array of subject areas. Additionally, the resource covers a full spectrum of Spanish-language scholarships inside and outside academia.
- Rosetta Stone Level One for Personal Use
- Recognized as a leader in technology-based language learning, Rosetta Stone offers libraries and their patrons their proven immersion method.
- Science In Context
- Science in Context provides contextual information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics. By integrating authoritative, curriculum-aligned reference content with headlines and videos, Science in Context draws students into the subject matter, showing how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues.
- Small Business Resource Center
- The Small Business Resource Center covers all major areas of starting and operating a business: financing, management, marketing, human resources, franchising, accounting, taxes and more.
- Testing & Education Resource Center
- This site helps connect individuals, educational institutions, and corporations through its critically acclaimed books, Web sites, online products, and admissions services. Additionally, information about colleges and universities, career schools, graduate programs, distance learning, executive training, private secondary schools, summer opportunities, study abroad, financial aid, test preparation, and career exploration can be found on this site.
- World Book Online
- The classic World Book Encyclopedia is now available online in several different versions: the early world of learning, kids, student, advanced, timelines, discover, and Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos.
Page last reviewed (9 May 2018)