Now that October is here, pick out the perfect pumpkin and get it all dressed up for the season and take part in our Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Both the Main Library and Clarksville Branch will have their own contests. You can bring your pumpkin to either location between Monday, October 9 and Monday, October 23. All pumpkins will be judged on Wednesday, October 25 in 3 categories: storybook character; scary; and most creative.
- The main part of each entry must be a pumpkin (real or fake) or a member of the pumpkin family.
- Pumpkins may not be carved or hollowed out.
- Pumpkins may not be larger than 16″ x 16″ x 16″.
- Pumpkins, objects, and materials used to decorate pumpkins may not be reclaimed until after the contest. Pumpkins must be picked up from either location on Saturday, October 28.
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Particpants may also draw or paint on their entries or dress them up. Again, do not carve or hollow out your pumpkin.
- No electric devices may be used as part of any entry.
- Each entry must have a title.
- All entrants should write their names and phone numbers on the BOTTOM of their pumpkin in permanent marker.
- No pre-purchased, pre-decorated pumpkins will be allowed to enter the contest.
- Only one entry per person.
For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at 812-285-5636.