It’s June and that means it’s time for the Summer Reading Club AND the Cultural Pass! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of these challenges will be held 100% online this year through Beanstack.
Summer Reading Club
Adults and kids have the same Summer Reading goals this year: read 4 books to complete the challenge and be entered into the grand prize drawings! Audiobooks and ebooks count as well as physical books, so be sure to check out what’s available on Hoopla and OverDrive/Libby to find your next read. Both the Adult and Youth Summer Reading Clubs run from June 1 – August 1, 2020 on Beanstack.
The Cultural Pass is available again this summer for kids ages 0-21, from June 1 – August 8, and this year it’s virtual! That means instead of coming to the library to pick up a physical pass and going to the museum in person, you use Beanstack to go to the museum’s website and do fun activities from home. Here’s how you can participate:
- Log in to your Beanstack account and register for the 2020 Virtual Cultural Pass challenge
- Click on the grey badge icon for the venue you want to “visit”
- On the venue’s badge description, click on the link to go to a special Cultural Pass page on their website
- Do whatever fun activity is on the venue’s website!
- Come back to Beanstack and go to the venue’s badge again
- Write a short sentence about what you learned or thought about the activity
- Click the check boxes to say you did the activity and wrote the sentence
That’s it! Your badge for that venue will then automatically “light up” with color to show you’ve earned that badge!