- Large format printing and contour cutting
- Water, UV, and scratch resistant for up to 3 years outdoors
- Print on material available in the Library for purchase: outdoor banner vinyl, glossy paper, clear and white adhesive vinyl, clear and white static cling. All materials are 30 inches in width with a printable area of approximately 28.5 inches.
What You’ll Need
You must be a JTPL library cardholder in good standing to use any makerspace equipment. In addition, you must be certified to use the vinyl printer, which requires attending a mandatory safety and training class at the library. View our online calendar to sign up for a class.
Once you are certified, you can reserve the printer and get started! The Roland VersaWorks software, which controls the printer/cutter, can help you crop, scale, flip, and multiply your prints. Still, it’s best to have your design ready when you arrive. CorelDraw and even Microsoft Office products can all be used to create designs – as long as the file is saved in the proper format (EPS, pdf, jpg, or tiff). The adhesive and static cling material can also have a perforation cut performed after printing–allowing you to more easily peel and remove your design.
|Banners||$2.00 per foot|
|Glossy Vinyl||$2.00 per foot|
|Static Clings||$2.00 per foot|
|Stickers||$2.00 per foot|
Objects are measured at the end of the print. These prices include:
- Any white/blank/extra space
- Failed prints due to design error
- Prints that do not complete before a reservation expires
All material usage is rounded up to the next foot. For example, a 5 foot 3 inch print is rounded up to 6 feet/$12.
Available colors vary, so call the library at 812-285-5630 to find out what is in stock. If you’d like to use your own filaments, check out Maker13.
Use our Spaces system to book the vinyl printer by clicking on “Roland VersaCAMM” from the left-hand menu or scroll down to spaces starting with “Makerspace.”
- You are permitted one two-hour session per day.
Extra time may be granted (at the discretion of staff) if no one is waiting.
- If your project runs over your time limit, we will allow it to continue to print until completion or until the next appointment arrives and is ready to print (whichever occurs first).
- Projects are stopped at closing.
- You have a 15-minute grace period before your reservation is automatically cancelled.
- We strongly encourage you to book ahead of your visit to ensure availability.
Do you want to get more information before you dive in? Then check out some YouTube videos on our equipment: