We have begun digitizing some of our special collections at the library. Keep checking back as we continue to add more resources!
Digitized Archival Collections
Former JTPL staff member Jenny Bean created two digital collections for the library as part of her coursework for her Master of Library Science degree:
- Owens Family Documents
- Documents from the library’s archive pertaining to the Owens family in Clark County, ranging from early deeds to Civil War discharge papers.
- And The Water Rose: 1937 Flood
- Online exhibits about the 1937 flood, including comparison photos taken in 2015 of the same locations.
Clark County Visual History Project
In 2014 the library received an LSTA Indiana Memory Digitization Grant from the Indiana State Library, funded through the Institute for Museum and Library Services, to digitize and place online a collection of historical-themed slideshows created by a JTPL librarian in the late 1970s and early 1980’s. These slides would not only be digitized, but the digital images would then be used in lessons at River Valley Middle School and Clarksville Middle School to teach the students valuable visual literacy skills. Click here to view the entire collection online at Indiana Memory.
- Clark County History 1: 1778 – 1865
- Clark County History 2: 1865 – 1897
- Clark County History 3: 1897 – 1930
- A Pictorial History of the 1937 Flood in Clark County
- Memories of Rose Island
- Steamboat Memories
- River Transportation
- Historic Homes of Jeffersonville and Clark County
- This Is Your Library
- Mud, Sweat, and Tears: A Community Remembers the 1937 Flood
- River Valley Middle School » Reading Network
- River Valley Middle School » Science Safety
- River Valley Middle School » Field Trip to Gnaw Bone, Indiana
These are the yearbooks we have digitized and put online so far. Many years after 1973 have been digitized but are only available to view at the library; other years may be missing because the library doesn’t have a copy of that yearbook or our copy was too damaged to be digitized. If you would like to donate a copy of a missing yearbook to the library, please contact our Indiana Room!
|Jeffersonville High School|
|Taylor High School|
More digitized yearbooks are being added, check back soon!