Our makerspace features one Ultimaker 2+, which is a single-extrusion printer with a heated glass build plate. The available build volume is 223 x 223 x 305 mm (8.8 x 8.8 x 12 inches).
However, be aware that 3D printing is NOT a quick process: a 2″ robot figurine takes almost an hour to print!
What You’ll Need
- JTPL library card in good standing (no outstanding fines or fees)
- Taken the 3D Printer Certification Class
.stlfile on an SD card (8 GB max!)
Only library-provided filaments may be used in the printer.
|PLA filament||$0.10 per gram|
|PLA glow-in-the-dark filament||$0.25 per gram|
Objects are weighed at the end of the print. These prices include:
- Failed prints due to design error
- Prints that do not complete before a reservation expires
Available colors vary, so call the library at 812-285-5630 to find out what is in stock. If you’d like to use your own filaments, check out Maker13.
Use our Spaces system to book the 3D printer by clicking on “Ultimaker 2+” from the left-hand menu or scroll down to spaces starting with “Makerspace.”
- You are permitted one four-hour session per day.
Extra time may be granted (at the discretion of staff) if no one is waiting.
- If your project runs over your time limit, we will allow it to continue to print until completion or until the next appointment arrives and is ready to print (whichever occurs first).
- Projects are stopped at closing.
- You have a 15-minute grace period before your reservation is automatically cancelled.
- We strongly encourage you to book ahead of your visit to ensure availability.
Do you want to get more information before you dive in? Then check out some YouTube videos on our equipment: