Are you ready? The 2017 Summer Reading Club is going on now and runs through Saturday, July 29th! There are loads of great prizes for kids and adults who complete the program. You can sign up at either the Jeffersonville or Clarksville location starting on May 30th. Be sure to check out our online calendar to see all of the fun events we have planned this summer.
Clarksville Rotary donated the funds to purchase new items for our children’s early literacy and play stations at the Clarksville Branch Library. The Library maintains play and discovery stations that encourage children to learn key concepts in early literacy. The five main skills for a child being ready to read include Talking, Singing, Reading, Writing and Playing. Our programming for younger children touches on the skills of Talking, Singing, Reading and Writing and our play and discovery centers foster the skill of Playing. Play is one of the best ways for children to learn language and literacy skills as it helps children put thoughts into words and talk about what they are doing.
Visit the library to try out the new play areas, and visit http://clarksvilleinrotary.org/ for more information about the Clarksville Rotary and what they do for our community.
Due to the huge success of the program last year, the Indiana State Library and Indiana Department of Natural Resources have once again provided us with a free park pass to circulate to our patrons! And once again, we have purchased an additional pass so that one pass is available at each of our library locations. To learn more about the State Park Pass, check out the article featuring our library in the February 2016 edition of Programming Librarian.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We have 2 park passes: one available at the Main Library and the other available at the Clarksville Branch
- Each pass will admit one carload into any state park in Indiana (click here for a list of state parks)
- Each pass may be checked out for seven (7) days and you cannot renew it
- Each pass may be put on hold
- Each pass is good until December 31, 2017 and is available to any Jeffersonville Township residents with a JTPL library card
- Reciprocal borrowers will need to check a pass out from their home library
- There is a $1/day late fee and a $50 replacement fee
We’re fortunate to have the Falls of the Ohio State Park and Charlestown State Park right in our backyard, but there are lots of other parks around the state to explore. Don’t forget to share your state park adventures with us on social media and at the library!