Have you ever wanted to learn about EV3 Mindstorm Lego® Robotics? Do you want to get hands on practice building and programming robots?
If so, the Clark County 4-H Robotics Spark Club is for you! This is a 3-day club for youth in grades 3 – 12 presented by the Purdue Extension of Clark County.
The Club will meet from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon at the Clarksville branch on Monday, March 20, Tuesday, March 21, and Wednesday, March 22. Parents are welcome to stay during camp but are not required. A small snack will also be provided.
If you are currently enrolled in the Clark County 4-H program there is no cost. If you are not a Clark County 4-H member the cost to join is $25 (with scholarships available upon request). There is a limit of 15 participants.
Due to the huge success of the program last year, the Indiana State Library and Indiana Department of Natural Resources have once again provided us with a free park pass to circulate to our patrons! And once again, we have purchased an additional pass so that one pass is available at each of our library locations. To learn more about the State Park Pass, check out the article featuring our library in the February 2016 edition of Programming Librarian.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We have 2 park passes: one available at the Main Library and the other available at the Clarksville Branch
- Each pass will admit one carload into any state park in Indiana (click here for a list of state parks)
- Each pass may be checked out for seven (7) days and you cannot renew it
- Each pass may be put on hold
- Each pass is good until December 31, 2017 and is available to any Jeffersonville Township residents with a JTPL library card
- Reciprocal borrowers will need to check a pass out from their home library
- There is a $1/day late fee and a $50 replacement fee
We’re fortunate to have the Falls of the Ohio State Park and Charlestown State Park right in our backyard, but there are lots of other parks around the state to explore. Don’t forget to share your state park adventures with us on social media and at the library!