Both the Jeffersonville and Clarksville locations of the Jeffersonville Township Public Library will open at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 19 due to staff training in the morning.
The Jeffersonville Township Public Library has partnered with Unique Integrated Communications (UIC) to provide online assistance to library patrons. To accomplish this, UIC will have access to the library’s website, catalog, and online resources. This Live Chat service will be available:
|Monday – Friday:||8:00 a.m. — 11:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||9:00 a.m. — 9:00 p.m.|
|Sunday:||12:00 noon — 9:00 p.m.|
To access this new feature, click on the chat button in the lower right corner of the screen to open a live chat window; this button is hidden when the service is unavailable.
UIC will be able to answer questions relating to the library’s policies, programs, materials, and online resources (such as Overdrive, Freegal, RBdigital Magazines, etc.). In addition, UIC will be able to perform some basic circulation functions such as placing hold requests and renewing library materials.
UIC will be unable to perform most other functions such as editing patron records, accepting fines & fees, and processing inter-library loans. However, they will be able to direct online patrons to the appropriate department or staff member.
This new and innovative feature will provide real-time convenience to our patrons, increase usage of library materials and services, and provide insight into common questions and potential website updates.
We are excited to offer this new service and hope you will find it to be a beneficial tool!
Please note that this service is unavailable within both library buildings when using the library’s network.
Now that October is here, pick out the perfect pumpkin and get it all dressed up for the season and take part in our Great Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Both the Main Library and Clarksville Branch will have their own contests. You can bring your pumpkin to either location between Monday, October 9 and Monday, October 23. All pumpkins will be judged on Wednesday, October 25 in 3 categories: storybook character; scary; and most creative.
- The main part of each entry must be a pumpkin (real or fake) or a member of the pumpkin family.
- Pumpkins may not be carved or hollowed out.
- Pumpkins may not be larger than 16″ x 16″ x 16″.
- Pumpkins, objects, and materials used to decorate pumpkins may not be reclaimed until after the contest. Pumpkins must be picked up from either location on Saturday, October 28.
- Objects, paper, and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins. Particpants may also draw or paint on their entries or dress them up. Again, do not carve or hollow out your pumpkin.
- No electric devices may be used as part of any entry.
- Each entry must have a title.
- All entrants should write their names and phone numbers on the BOTTOM of their pumpkin in permanent marker.
- No pre-purchased, pre-decorated pumpkins will be allowed to enter the contest.
- Only one entry per person.
For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at 812-285-5636.
Due to the huge success of the program last year, the Indiana State Library and Indiana Department of Natural Resources have once again provided us with a free park pass to circulate to our patrons! And once again, we have purchased an additional pass so that one pass is available at each of our library locations. To learn more about the State Park Pass, check out the article featuring our library in the February 2016 edition of Programming Librarian.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We have 2 park passes: one available at the Main Library and the other available at the Clarksville Branch
- Each pass will admit one carload into any state park in Indiana (click here for a list of state parks)
- Each pass may be checked out for seven (7) days and you cannot renew it
- Each pass may be put on hold
- Each pass is good until December 31, 2017 and is available to any Jeffersonville Township residents with a JTPL library card
- Reciprocal borrowers will need to check a pass out from their home library
- There is a $1/day late fee and a $50 replacement fee
We’re fortunate to have the Falls of the Ohio State Park and Charlestown State Park right in our backyard, but there are lots of other parks around the state to explore. Don’t forget to share your state park adventures with us on social media and at the library!