Have you heard? Starting November 1st, JTPL is no longer charging overdue fines! All we ask is that you bring your items back in a timely manner.
We have a whole page explaining this new policy in greater detail, but here are a few frequently asked questions:
- You said you waived fines, so why do I still have charges on my account?
- The only thing we have waived is overdue fines. Charges still incur for lost or damaged items, replacement library cards, and collection agency (Unique Management Services) costs.
- So what’s the difference between a fine and a fee?
- A fine is a charge for an overdue item. Fees are for lost or damaged materials, collection agency referrals and products such as replacement library cards.
- How will you get people to bring anything back now?
- No overdue fines doesn’t mean no responsibility. If your item is 20 days overdue or more, we mark it as LOST and bill you for the replacement cost plus a $4 processing fee. Your library account is also blocked until you pay these fees, and fees of $25 or more are referred to our collection agency, Unique Management Services, along with a $10 collections fee.
We’re excited to make this change and provide even greater access to our library’s resources!